Saturday, 26 July 2008

Benefit your hair with Apple Cider Vinegar!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you go out and buy some Apple Cider Vinegar ASAP! You can benefit your hair in so many ways with this strong smelling marinade. Use it as a final rinse in the shower (1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to 2 cups of water) leave for as long as desired, then rinse out with cool water afterwards.

Apple Cider Vinegar benefits hair growth because it promotes blood circulation. It also gets rid of product build up which should discourage dirt and bacteria that may plug the hair follicles which can cause slow hair growth.

I saw this shampoo recipe on http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41572.asp and decided to give it a go. To make the all Natural Shampoo (ACV), add the following ingredients in a blender:

1 oz/25g Olive oil
1 egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ACV.

It doesn't lather as it doesn't contain any soaps so I just massaged it into my scalp. It felt like it had left some oils in my hair so after I have rinsed it out I jumped out of the shower and blow dried parts of my hair to see if it had worked well (I don't normally blow dry my hair also it was on the cool temperature). I was amazed at the results, it was so shiny! My hair wasn't very greasy when I washed it so I'm not sure if it had worked that well at removing grease. So after I had checked out the results of the shampoo alone I got back into the shower and conditioned my hair with Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner, then followed with an Apple Cider Rinse then when I was out of the shower I sprayed Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner onto my hair. The conditioner's all cover the smell of the vinegar :)

Has Apple Cider Vinegar worked well for you?

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just bought some ACV, and I am just wondering, how many times a week/month should I use this remedy? I am really excited! =]

sophiebutterscotch said...

I use an ACV rinse after nearly all my showers, I dont think there is any limit :) Good luck :D !

Anonymous said...

I know im posting late, but I've got a little advice for you :). Even trought you don't use your blow-drier that much, you should invest in buying an ionic one. Personally, I use it at the coolest i possibly can. The ionic thing helps reduces damage. Your blog is really helpfull, by the way ;).

muebles madrid en stok said...

Well, I don't actually think this is likely to have effect.

www.jaen-3d.com said...

So, I do not really suppose this is likely to work.