Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Feed your hair with mayo!

It's tasty with pastas and baguettes, so give your hair a tasty treat with a mayonnaise hair mask!

The egg in the mayo is a good source of protein so it adds strength to the hair. When my hair used to be in very bad condition I would apply mayonnaise to it and leave on for anything up to an hour then shampoo out in the shower and I would really see a difference. To make the mask extra beneficial you can add things like coconut oil or aloe vera.

Using a raw egg instead of mayonnaise gives the same affect but can be sticky in the hair, where as mayonnaise smooths on more easily.

Be careful not to have the water too hot when your washing the mayo or egg out - I have heard stories where the egg starts to cook in peoples hair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Thanks for shareing that because I love really hot water in the shower!!! I have tried the Mayo trick and it does work really well, better than any store bought product.. I am also on a mission to long hair and I am so very determined!! Thanks for this blog, It's so helpful. :)

Amina said...

i have to try it this too..
Latina Mag was also raving about mayo...

transex milano said...

Very helpful info, much thanks for your post.

muebles alcala de henares said...

What namely you are writing is a horrible mistake.