Thursday, 24 July 2008

Im not very happy guys : (

After all this massaging coconut oil into my scalp everyday I seem to have about four huge painful spots on my scalp. It must have blocked my hair follicles or something, this can't be very good for hair growth can it? It really piddled me off. So after spending a couple of hours lying in the sun (Lovely weather over here by the way!) a light bulb lit up above my head! I once read Aloe Vera was meant to be good for hair growth and moisturising hair, it's also non-greasy so won't block my hair follicles, so I thought massaging that into my scalp will work well. Has anyone used Aloe Vera for hair growth and been successful?

I recently found this on http://www.add-hair.com/circulation-enhancers-hair-regrowth-activators.htm :

'Aloe vera is a wonderful product. Aside from it's well known moisturizing effects, it contains many of the products that seem to be effective in fighting hair loss. Like biotin, b-vitamins, zinc and even inositil. It also has anti-bacterial properties that help keep the scalp healthy, controling the bodies immune response which we know can have adverse effects on hair growth. In addition the moisturizing qulities when applied to the scalp increases the blood circulation to the hair follicle.

Aloe-Vera in the Strategy

Nourishes and moisturizes the hair and scalp.

Keeps scalp healthy thanks to its anti-biotic properties.

Promotes hair growth due to the many hair friendly vitamins it contains.

Increases blood circulation to the hair follicles.'

I do use Aloe Vera everyday, (I have a slight obsession with this multi-purpose plant) it is very good at keeping hair straight and I have been using it as a substitute for straightening my hair. Okay so it doesn't work as well as GHD's but defiantly tames frizz better than any anti-frizz product I have used before.


To the right is one of my seven Aloe Vera plants, luckily this one hasn't been as hacked away as the other ones lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use aloe vera gel on my hair as well. My hair is naturally very curly and dry, and I've found that the aloe moisturizes, adds a great deal of shine (but, as you noted, is not greasy), and encourages the curl. However, I've never seen a study that supports the theory that it promotes hair growth. I've actually never seen a study that indicates that any topical treatment can promote hair growth. I have access to several university libraries (through inter-library loan) and a medical center library, so I'm going to search the online databases of journal articles to which I have access and I'll report back here if I find any studies about aloe vera and hair growth.

Anonymous said...

Honestly invest in a different Coconut oil product, this could be the cause of the spots. Real coconut oil will melt the moment you touch it. H & B for real..