Sunday, 20 July 2008

Mmmm Aussie : )

Don't all the Aussie hair products just smell so so nice ?!
I bought two Aussie conditioners yesterday (Miracle Moist Conditioner and Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner) I haven't yet used them because I skipped a hair wash yesterday but I can smell them every time I am near them I can't wait to use them tonight :D
I do like to know what I'm putting in my hair, so I thought I would do an ingredient research to find out what is in these conditioners.


I picked 5 ingredients, at random for each conditioner and researched them...

Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner :

Cetearyl Alchohol : It is not actually alcohol (which would be drying), it is made from vegetable sources and is used for moisturising and as a thickening agent.

Linalool : I come across this in many ingredients and discovered it is found in plants and is used for it's scent.

Aloe Barbadensis : I didn't have to research this one because I knew it was Aloe Vera which is used for moisturising and protecting.

Anthemis Nobilis : That is the Latin name for Chamomile, it is widely used for Aromatherapy so may have been added for scent.

Ethylparaben : A preservative.

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner :

Citric Acid : A weak organic acid which is used as a preservative.

Cetrimonium Chloride : An anti-septic.

Simmondsia Chinensis : Latin for Jojoba. Jojoba is moisturising.

Hexyl Cinnamal : A common additive to perfumes and cosmetics.

Melissa Officinalis : Latin for Lemon balm, it has a gentle Lemon scent (which I can slightly smell when I sniff the product).

I don't know about anyone else but does this ingredient research thing bore you or interest you? Just wondering cause personally I find it quite interesting cause I don't think enough people actually know whats in their cosmetics these days. If researching these ingredients bore you just say please and I will stop doing it lol :P

3 comments:

Sunshyne said...

I've never seen these products before, where did you get them from?

sophiebutterscotch said...

I bought them from a cosmetics store called Boots, here is the Aussie website that has these products on - http://www.aussiehair.com/products.do :)

Aimee said...

my sister buys aussie. she gets the colour mate one and that also works wonders for damaged hair :)