Saturday, 19 July 2008

My Shampoo : )

I wash my hair daily with Colour Care Therapy, Shampoo with Protecting Serum for Darkened Hair. It is a pH balanced formula and I like the fragrance, it lathers well and makes my hair feel soft.

Now I don't know too much about ingredients in shampoos but I will copy them down and if anyone knows anything about the ingredients I would appreciate if you shared your knowledge about them. Also I will be picking 5 ingredients at random and researching them :)

This shampoo contains : Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (A) / Sodium C12-13 Pareth Sulfate (B), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Glycol Disterate, Parfum, Carbomer, PPG-12, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Glyceryl Oleate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lysine Hydrochloride, Fumaric Acid, Silk Amino Acids, Imidazolidinyl Urea, PEG-180M, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, BHT, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, CI 16255, CI 77891.

The 5 ingredients I researched:

Cocamidopropyl Betaine : Is used as a thickener in cosmetics, reduces irritation, reduces static, and has anti-septic properties.

Sodium Hydroxide : Neutralises acidic materials.

Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride : Imparts conditioning properties to shampoos and after-shampoo hair care products.

Silk Amino Acids : Adds softness, repairs hair structure and penetrates to add body and strength.

Coumarin : Found in plants, it has a sweet scent and has been used for perfumes since the 18th century.

Post update : As you can see someone posted a comment saying there is too much sulfate in the shampoo which is bad for the hair, thank you for that comment and you will be happy to know I have changed my shampoo!

2 comments:

Dominican Enigma said...

hi, sulfate is horrible for your hair. It's like you're washing your hair with detergent. I suggest you switch up to a sulfate-less shampoo.

sophiebutterscotch said...

Thank you so much, Im trying to find a good shampoo at the moment I will definatly get on with less sulfate in it :)