Sunday, 10 August 2008

The benefits of Coconut oil!

I use Coconut oil nearly every day in my hair-care routine. I often leave it in over night, distribute tiny amounts throughout my hair after a shower and massage it into my scalp. I know its highly beneficial for the hair but I want to know exactly what it does...

  • Coconut oil is an excellent conditioner for the hair.

  • It provides essential protein required for nourishing damaged hair.

  • If regularly massaged into the scalp it can prevent dandruff and help hair growth.
  • Coconut oil is found to reduce protein loss remarkably when applied to hair before shampooing (pre-poo).

Sounds pretty good then!

4 comments:

Bronze Trinity said...

I'm using it in hot oil treatments once a week. After 3 weeks it actually got rid of my dandruff! My hair is improving and I think the more I use it the better my hair will get. I would use only the extra virgin coconut oil though. I found it works better than the regular one. I bought regular coconut oil before and it smelled really bad when I put it in my hair.

sophiebutterscotch said...

Hiya, I do need to get hold of some extra virgin coconut oil :) I find the normal one smells bad too when I have left it in my hair over night.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that KTC coconut oil is not real coconut oil, you can buy tea coconut oil from Holland and Barrett, Every coconut oil product should smell like coconuts.

Advin Charles said...

Coconut water flushes out toxins from the body. It is also good for Heart patients & helps to maintain cholesterol level.


Stage 4 Cancer