Tuesday, 26 August 2008

The first time I co-washed!

Co-washing is when you wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo to increase moisture in the hair. I have heard a lot about it but because my hair gets greasy very quickly I hesitated trying it out as I thought my hair would result in being very oily. Yesterday was just a lazy day for me and I had applied coconut oil to my hair the night before and had it in my hair until about 3pm and thought seeing as im going to be staying at home all day I might as well try co-washing so if it goes horribly greasy nobody would know! I also made an ACV rinse to do after as it gets rid of product build up and may improve the results of the co-wash.


I co-washed my hair with a conditioner I found in a pharmacy, the brand is called 'Thicker Fuller Hair' and its specifically designed for thin hair that may look limp when its conditioned. It also contains many ingredients that benefit the hair such as rosemary oil, wheat protein, pathenol, biotin, aloe vera and many more!


So i applied the conditioner throughout my hair and put a plastic bag on my head for about 5-10 mins. When I rinsed it out all the coconut oil was gone, I was amazed! I imagined it being a big oily mess. I then used the ACV rinse. That was my first co-wash and I was very happy with the results. I have been focusing on the health of my hair
because recently I got loads of split ends but the condition seems to be dramatically improving and co-washing has helped with that :D !

2 comments:

littlebearx said...

I've tried it, just conditioning every day for a week instead of shampooing, and it works quite nicely! My hair did get a bit greasy the first few days, but then it adjusted and become soft and grew a bit faster. I also use Biotin (10,000 mcg a day) quite religiously and I've noticed fantastic results. Where can you buy Biotin in the UK (I'm assuming that's where you're from), because I just came here from the US and I can't seem to find it in Boots?

Also, I like your blog - it's very helpful as I'm trying to grow out short hair :)

sophiebutterscotch said...

Hiya :D Im glad you find my blog helpful!
I bought my Biotin supplement from Holland & Barrett which is a health food store, there will defibatky be one close to where you live :)