Saturday, 16 August 2008

I got highlights!

My natural hair colour is a dark blond and I have wanted to go back blond for a while, well the other day I did it and got my hair highlighted. Now because I had dyed my hair dark so many times before they had to do the highlights in bleach, and bleaching hair is possibly one of the worst things you can do to your hair, it raises the hair cuticle and penetrates the hair shaft then disperses colour that is already there. Bleaching the hair is a very harsh process and defiantly causes damage that in some cases cannot be reversed.

I only got half a head of highlights and some of my highlights have gone slightly ginger where my hair has been dyed before, but let me get to the point, even though I only got half a head all my hair seems to have become very damaged and I can see the breakages in my hair! There are lots of little white dots on many of my strands, they break easily so I have been cutting as many off as I can. My hair hasn't been like this in ages, since I dramatically reduced the amount of heat appliances I used on my hair and stopped dying my hair the damage seemed to have been repaired but now it has come back within just a couple of days. I am quite angry!

In the photo the half that is tied up is the half that was dyed, the blond isn't very visible in the photo and I'm not sure why.

I suppose dyeing my hair will give me a bigger challenge towards achieving long hair, and can also help all those people out there that have chemically treated hair too.

No comments: