Monday, 11 August 2008

Onions for hair growth! *Updated*

Rubbing an onion that is cut in half onto the scalp is a type of old herbal folk medicine that is still used today because it is known to stimulate hair growth. It is thought that the reason for this is because of its high sulfur levels.

Sulfur can be responsible for keeping hair, skin and nails in top condition. MSM is formed from sulfur and has been shown to improve hair growth, it is known as 'the hair mineral'. You can buy MSM as a supplement at most health food stores.

I'm defiantly going to buy some text time I'm in town!

I bought a MSM supplement today and I am very excited about taking it, I found out about a experiment in to hair growth and MSM, it said -

'A recent, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial, performed by Ronald M. Lawrence, M.D., Ph.D., showed that 100% of the subjects on MSM (methyl-sulfonyl-methane), a nutritional supplement that provides biologically active sulfur, showed increased hair growth compared to the group on placebo.'

When I was searching for some information about MSM someone claimed that it improves hair growth everywhere, including facial hair which defiantly isn't a positive for me. Has anyone who takes MSM found that it improved facial hair growth?

7 comments:

brittstoner said...

i had actually read that onions helped ppl before,but who really wants to smell like onion head!
what kind of onions are best for this anyhow?

sophiebutterscotch said...

Hiya I have just had a look through the internet to see if all onions contain the same amount of sulfur (as that is what seems to make hair grow faster) I didn't come across anything saying that one type of onion contains dramaticly more amounts of sulfur than another. I hope this helps :)

Feel free to correct me if im wrong! x x

Timothy said...

Hi
my self is ronic Wow! What a shampoo! I have been using it since few months and beleive me …it workes, atleast it has worked for me. I had done my research over Internet for Iht9 herbal hair shampoo, before I ordered my first order. Let me tell you that all the herbal ingredients used in this shampoo are actually ayurvedic medicines and are established for their hair care properties.Excellent Shampoo.thanks to IHT-9 herbal hair shampoo.

JLL said...

I saw no effects (scalp hair, facial hair, body hair or nails) from taking up to 8,000 mg of MSM per day.

You can read about my experiment here:

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2008/12/1000-8000-mg-of-msm-has-no-effect-on.html

herbal shampoo said...

This is great!!!! I am suffering from hair loss!!! Looking for best hair loss treatment option!!hope so products will be helpful to me……

Onion Girl said...

Hey, on my hair growth experiment blog (I have short hair and I'm experimenting with what works to speed up hair growth), I'm going to be checking out onions. Apple Cider Vinegar is actually supposed to get rid of the onion smell. If you want to check out my site, and progress pics, or suggest something that you've heard works to speed up hair growth (castor oil, mane n' tail, onions), then check out my site: http://oniongirlishere.livejournal.com

Calvin Brock said...

there is the added trouble of determining different products that are compatible with each other. However, a new company named Keranique is offering a one stop solution to all of these problems with its state of the art hair growth system. news article