Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Why conditioning is so important!

Some of you may have read my post when I said I used to not condition my hair. Yes its true and it has left my hair damaged : (
For anyone who does not condition their hair or thinks conditioning is not important I am about to inform you how important it is! And for all you people who just want to boost their hair-care knowledge read on too...
.
There are many types of conditioners on the market, if you are like me and sometimes are confused about what conditioner to buy and aren't quite sure what you are looking for or are confused about what all these conditioners actually do, read on...
.
Rinse-through conditioners : These are the conditioners that are worked through the hair for detangling. They affect the outer layer of the hair shaft, it smooths the hair cuticle, making the hair feel silkier and more smooth.
.
Treatment or repair conditioners : These penetrate the hair more deeply and often contain ingredients that restore protein and moisture in the hair. High protein hair care products are designed to gently swell the hair, allowing it to pass through the cuticle of the hair shaft and replenish the proteins in the cortex, restoring the strength and elasticity of the hair. The deep hair care treatments should be used no more than once a week.
.
Leave-in conditioners : Are designed to protect the hair, add extra moisture without weighing the hair down and to tame tangle-prone hair. They are especially good for fly-away hair caused by daily shampooing.


I hope this has helped some of you to pick the right products and to make the most out of your money. Also if any of you are willing to recommend a deep conditioning treatment to me that isn't too expensive please could you post a comment because I am currently searching one. Many thanks.

Information source and picture : http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/hairconditioners.htm

No comments: