Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Edible things that benefit your hair!

Quite a lot of the stuff that I put on my hair I would be able to consume, my Dad laughs when I put Cayenne pepper or mayonnaise in my hair. Here is a list of things that are edible but also benefit your hair!

Apple Cider Vinegar - Removes buildup, leaves hair shiny & smooth, makes hair easier to manage and is said to promote hair growth. For an ACV rinse mix 2 cups of water with 1/4 ACV.

Egg - Our hair is made up mainly or protein and so are eggs, therefor the egg strengthens hair. You can also get the same effect from putting mayonnaise in your hair.

Cayenne Pepper -Stimulates circulation in the scalp which results in faster hair growth. Mix the pepper with an oil, be careful though because it can become very hot!

Onions - Are used as an 'old herbal folk medicine' for baldness. Grate an onion and massage the juice and onion into your scalp.

Glycerin - Is used for sore throats and is also well known for its moisturising properties, so is brilliant for dry hair! Mix roughly 30% Glycerin with 70% water and apply to hair.

Oils - Oils such as Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil and Grapeseed Oil are all great for your hair. Use them before you shower and wrap your head with a hot towel to encourage the oils to penetrate the hair and scalp. You can also use them after a shower to seal moisture into the hair.

Well that's all i can think of at the moment but if you have any more edible things that benefit hair then feel free to leave a comment :D

5 comments:

Songbird B said...

plain yogurt, honey, avacado... girl, theres so many wonderful things that we can use. possibilities endless. i'm a fan of cayenne pepper, but girl you ain't lying, it burns like heck! lol

Anonymous said...

i have very then bangs because of breakadge from my hair dryer. im desperate to know what to use to make my hair grow faster and how to portect it. can you help me!!

Sunshyne said...

I love my eggs for my protein treatments. Cuts down on the amount of products I have too. I also love ACV rinses sa a final rinse to close the cuticles.

sophiebutterscotch said...

Hiya, I didnt catch a name. but heat damage can sometimes not be reversed. I recommend getting your hair cut maybe an inch off and then start a new hair care regimen, try to cut down on the heat you use. I really started to take care of my hair, I have kind of been slacking recently and I can really notice how it has affected my hair. I have started to straighten it more too, my hair has got lots of split ends that I never had before. Look around on my blog and other blogs such as the two girls above. They contain lots of tips on how to look after your hair properly :) good luck babe!

hibeyond said...

black boots

Chocolate boots

sand boots

Chestnut boots

gray boots

pink boots

grey boots
pink boots


Black Ugg Boots

Chestnut Ugg

Boots


Chocolate Ugg

Boots


Grey Ugg Boots

Ugg Boots On Sale