Sunday, 7 September 2008

Vatika, Enriched Coconut Hair Oil

I came across this oil at Tesco for £2.29 and I didn't hesitate to buy it as I am running out of Coconut oil and also nearly all of the ingredients are natural:

Coconut Oil (Coco
Nucifera Oil), Neem (Azadirachta india Leaf Extract), Brahmi (Centella asiatica Plant Extract), Fruit Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar (Extracts of Emblica officinalis, Terminalia belirica and Terminalia chebula), Kapur kachri (Hedychium spicatum rhizome Extract), Henna (Lawsonia inermis leaf Extract), Milk (Lac) Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis Oil), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum Oil), TBHQ (t-Butyl Hydroquinone), Fragrance.

Only two of those ingredients aren't natural, and I'm really attracted to using natural products.

So how do those ingredients benefit the hair?


Coconut Oil - Protects, nourishes and penetrates hair.
Neem - Strengthens hair and encourages growth.
Brahmi - Used for hair loss, nourishes hair roots and promotes growth.
Amla - Stimulates hair follicles and helps maintain thickness.
Bahera - Maintains hair colour.
Harar - Has rejuvenating and cleansing properties.
Kapur Kachari - An anti-septic.

Henna - Conditions hair and protects it from oxidation.

Milk - Nourishes the scalp.

Rosemary Oil - Stimulates hair growth and is beneficial for dry flaky scalps.

Lemon Oil - Controls sebum flow and adds a shine to hair.


I have used this product quite a lot recently and I have noticed it has made my hair get greasy less quickly, probably because of the lemon oil. This is really a great product!

2 comments:

Product Junkie Diva said...

I have seen this brand on the Internet, I will check it out. Great thanks.

Cubelixa said...

I use this too and I love it. Had to get used to the smell though. ;-)