Wednesday, 12 November 2008

Hello hair care followers :D

Sorry for my absence I have a lot of things going on at the moment. I have been neglecting my hair quite a lot recently and it really does make a difference when you let things slip, I had lots of split ends but I just had a haircut so hopefully most of them are gone!
Recently my Mum went on a little holiday and bought me and my sister back a very lovely shampoo and conditioner - Neal's Yard Remedies, Nurturing Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. They contain no edta, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances or colours, parabens, silicones, phthalates and no tea! I have to admit some of the stuff listed above I heard of but if they are boasting about not having them I guess they must respond badly to our body! Anyway more on those shampoos within a week or two :)
In my last post I spoke about my problems with self harm and Trichotillomania. Trichotillomania is believed to affect only 2% of the population. I had never heard of this condition until I posted on a forum about me recently pulling my hair out - from there people responded and my knowledge of this condition increased dramatically. On The Long Hair Diaries I would like to raise awareness of this condition and to support others who suffer from it along with also continuing posting about hair care of course!
Much love, Sophie x x

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sophie, great webpage you have here! Hair care is such a big influence of my own. For the past year and a half I have had diffuse shedding due to iron deficiency and stress brought on by the hair loss. You have got some great tips on here and it sounds like you take great care of your hair; I really hope it shows! I am still suffering the diffuse shedding but believe it will stop soon. Last year I managed to get my hair to grown an inch a month but I have stepped everything up a gear now and am managing two inches a month; it's great! I massage my head twice a day, do two one minute handstands on most days, I take kelp tablets and use FAST shampoo and conditioner- it's not completely natural but does work really well. Hope some of my tips might have helped if you didn't know them already. Take care. xx

sophiebutterscotch said...

Hiya Elizabeth :) Wow your hair grows really really fast! I have heard quite alot about FAST shampoo & conditoner and was considering buying some but Im skint at the moment lol.

Keep up the good work, Sophie x x

Anonymous said...

I also use the FAST products. I find they really work. It says to leave the conditioner on for 1-2 minutes but I leave it on for at least 10.

sophiebutterscotch said...

Wow I think I might consider buying some, they are about £10 a bottle ?

Sophie x x

sharma said...

hi all,
i am also suffering from this disorder. and this problem with me is from past 14 years i was not aware about disorder but i was trying all auyrvedic medicines and oil that really helped me managed my hair strength and thickness. but still big patches on the mid of my scalp ruin everything and really dont know what to do.
i really felt bad after doing harm to myself.
can you all suggest me how should i explain this situation to my boyfriend since i am really scared of telling anyone about it.
i recently started eating egg and drinking lot of water and rubbing onion on bald spots. is there something which you all can suggest which is easily available in CVS stores which can grow hair on my scalp bald patches faster than normal hair growth cycle.
i will really appreciate your response in regard of this.

cherp cyclosporine said...

I am so glad I came across this website. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and learned a lot from them. To me, you are doing a great work.

ali khan said...

Woh I quite like your content material, saved for you to my bookmarks!.advertising | advertisement | production houses in pakistan | pakistani matrimony

Best Article Websites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.