Wednesday, 23 September 2009
A lot of you have asked about Daktarin. I applied it to my scalp using an old hair dye bottle (with the nozzle so you can direct it at the scalp) I mixed roughly 2/3 Daktarin and 1/3 water, shoot it up and squeezed it onto my scalp. I don't use it anymore but when I did, it worked extremely well! I bought it in a pharmacy or drug store in the US. Daktarin is just the brand, any cream containing Miconazole Nitrate will speed growth.
I will try to update more and add photos, product reviews etc. You can ask any questions on this post and I will try to get them answered. Take care everyone!
Friday, 17 April 2009
I am currently taking Biotin and MSM which could be responsible for my faster growth but I have never noticed my hair grow this fast even when I took both Biotin and MSM before.
MN helps speed up most users hair growth rates but nobody yet knows why it works. If you choose to try these creams out be aware of the side affects :
- Red inflamed areas on the scalp
- Increased hair shedding
Sunday, 29 March 2009
Saturday, 21 March 2009
- Diethanolamine (DEA), Triethanolamine (TEA) - Used as an emulsifier and foaming agent. They can cause allergic reactions and dryness of hair and skin. Toxic if absorbed into the body over a long period of time.
- Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate - A cheap, harsh detergent used for it's cleansing and foaming properties. It often comes from petroleum and can cause dandruff, skin rashes and allergic reactions.
- Petrolatum - Also known as petroleum jelly, this mineral oil derivative is used for it's emollient properties in cosmetics. It has no nutrient value for the hair or skin, manufactures use it because it is very cheap.
- Stearalkonium Chloride - Developed by the fabric industry as a fabric softener and is used in hair conditioners and creams. It is cheaper to use than beneficial proteins or herbs. Can cause allergic reactions.
Monday, 16 March 2009
Sophie x x
Sunday, 15 March 2009
Aubrey Organics - White Camellia & Jasmine Shine Conditioner, 2 fl oz spray - Contains Aloe Vera, Camellia Oil & Vitamins A, C & E.
Godiva Solid Shampoo by LUSH (solid shampoo) - It's second ingredient is cocoa butter, contains a wide variety of essential oils and is described as being a shampoo and conditioner.
Lush, Hard (solid shampoo) - Contains Camellia Oil and is designed for people living in hard water areas.
Mane 'n Tail Conditioner 32 oz. - To be used as a protein treatment.
Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Conditioner 16oz - Claims that it's deep-moisture complex penetrates hair to deliver lasting, intense moisture, powered by buriti oil, pomegranite and palm-derived conditioners.
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Hair Lotion 8.5 oz. (Case of 6) - I have used a deep conditioner from this line before and it was great! Im hoping this will work just as good.
Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil 300ml - I have used this before but unfortunatly I ran out, I absolutly loved it.
Thicker Fuller Hair Weightless Conditioner - 12 fl oz - I have also used this product before and I thought it worked well with my hair. It contains lots of natural extracts, Im definatly going to try to get hold of some more.
Saturday, 14 March 2009
Saturday, 7 March 2009
- The condition affects 0.1% - 0.2% of males & females.
- It is thought that the body attacks it's own hair follicles resulting in suppressed hair growth or hair growth stopping altogether, although there are many other causes of the condition.
- The first symptoms are usually small bald patches.
- For about 50% of sufferers the hair will grow back within a year without any treatment.
- For 90% of sufferers hair will eventually grow back and for the remaining 10% there will be some or no hair growth.
- Some think Alopecia is hereditary however the most common cause is usually a physiological issue such as stress.
Telogen Effluvium - a condition in which there is an abnormal loss of hair due to an alteration of the normal hair growth cycle.
- For the sufferers, more hair enters the resting phase of the hair cycle than normal which results in an increased amount of hair shedding.
- It is thought that Telogen Effluvium is a major cause of Alopecia.
- Often a shock to the system such as physical trauma, vaccinations, crash diets or having surgery can cause this hair disorder or hormonal imbalances can also be a cause.
- Shock can cause Telogen Effluvium as it results in a proportion of the hair follicles going into hibernation.
- The disorder is fully reversible because the hair follicles are not permanently affected.
- Treatments for the condition often depend on the factors that caused it in the first place.
Trichotillomania - a condition in which suffers obsessively pull out hair.
- Suffers get repeated urges to pull hair, most commonly from the scalp.
- The condition often leads to bald patches and broken hair.
- The most common causes of the condition is stress, anxiety or mood disorders.
- For many sufferers, they have symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Two affective treatments for Trichotillmania are behavioural therapy or medications.
- The disorder isn't just in humans but is common in animals: Mice under stress will pull out each others fur and unhappy birds may pluck out their own feathers.
Traction Alopecia - a condition in which hair sheds because of the hair constantly being pulled on.
- When tight hair styles are used, the roots of the hair are being pulled on (traction).
- The causes are often things like tight braids, pony tails or cornrows.
- When traction continues for a long time, the hair eventually sheds.
- The follicles can become damaged from Traction Alopecia which can eventually lead to hair not growing altogether.
- This condition is simple if treated in the early stages.
- It may take several months for the hair to recover from the excessive strain on the hair follicles.
Thursday, 5 March 2009
You can also step out of your bath or shower and use a hair dryer on your hair with the shower cap or bag remaining for a maximum of about 5 mins to get even more benefits from your conditioner.
Often when I put oil in my hair, right before I have a shower I will heat a towel in the microwave for about a minute & a half then wrap around my head to help the oils penetrate my hair and scalp more deeply.
I will just take the time to recommend a deep conditioner I used the other day, Organic, Root Stimulator, Olive Oil, Replenishing Pak. It worked a treat, the list of beneficial ingredients are endless! I used heat with this treatment, my hair felt like silk afterwards - funny that, it does contain amino silk acids ;)
This is a simple thing you can do everyday which will improve the health of your hair and also you will be getting the most from your conditioners :D
- Like most oils, avocado oil contains healthy fats which benefit us inside and out. The healthy fats in avocado oil help keep the hair moisturised and shiny.
- Summer isn't far off and it isn't just our skin that needs protecting from the sun. Avocado oil has natural sunscreen properties. Tests confirmed that avocado oil is a more effective sunscreen than other oils such as coconut, olive & almond.
- By massaging the oil into your scalp, it can help prevent it from becoming dry and flaky.
- Avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit so the oil can be used as a moisturising and a protein treatment.
- It is high in healthy vitamins such as A, D and E.
- On top of all that, you will be happy to hear that avocado oil has a very high penetration rate which means all the goodness will defiantly be delivered to your lovely locks!